PDF file- CWP's organizational profile and recent activities Please distribute widely
Dear friends and supporters,
Coalition Of Women For Peace is a feminist organization working to end the Israeli occupation and achieve a just peace. It is one of the few organizations which is based on women activists and ran entirely by women. It brings to public awareness core issues such as militarism and sexism in the Israeli society, tackles undiscussed problems such as the unique problems women face under the occupation, and includes the world's leading research project on the economy of the occupation, "Who Profits".
Some of our latest activities include:
- Event for the International Women's Day raising awareness to women's social rights, with
an emphasis on women's right to safety and protection from violence.
- A creative street action in central Tel Aviv to educate Israelis about Palestinian political prisoners.
- A series of workshops, study days and public education events on the right to shelter and housing as a fundamental right from a gender perspective, and on sexual harassments in civil society organizations. To ensure long-term effect, we have also published two position papers on these key issues.
Especially because of its uncompromising activity, and due to the increasingly violent right-wing atmosphere in Israel, it has become a challenge to raise funds for the organization within Israel. While we have vast supports from donors and foundation overseas, as the end of the year approaches we wish to secure the remaining activities for 2013, and optimize its effect.
In the next couple of months we plan to:
- Publish an in-depth report on crowd-control weapons used against Palestinian and Israeli civilians.
- Publish a report on agricultural produce of the settlements.
- Initiate a public event for women of varied backgrounds on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
- Train young activists in campaigning and social media.
We would like to invite you personally to support the Coalition of Women for Peace. your solidarity and support of other active and involved individuals are necessary for the vital activity of the Coalition.
There are a few ways in which you can donate:
Write a check ($, € or £) to “Coalition of Women for Peace” and mail it to: P.O. Box 29214,
Tel Aviv-Jaffa, Israel 6129102.
For a US-tax deduction, we have partnered with the Alliance for Global Justice (AfGJ) - our fiscal sponsor in the U.S. Please make a check to Coalition of Women for Peace/AfGJ and mail to 225 E. 26th St. Suite 1, Tucson, AZ 85713
Make a wire transfer to our bank account: Israeli Discount Bank LTD, Hamoshava Branch
#062, 21 Emek Refaim St., Jerusalem, Israel.
Swift Code: IDBLILITXXX, IBAN No. IL420110620000027512403.
3. Online Secured Donation
Please log on https://afgj.org/afgj-
donations for an easy and secured online donation process. It is also U.S. tax deductible.
Thank you for your solidarity and support